To effectively manage a construction project, it is imperative that you track and make sure relevant tasks get delivered effectively and on time. To execute the whole process successfully, it is necessary to have properly structured checklists that allow reducing errors and ensuring consistency.
Checklists enable companies to manage all aspects of a construction project, organise workflow, link crucial project elements, categorise tasks and break down complex activities.
Quality Control Platform gathers all reports and inspections, helping to handle different types of checks and follow-up routines at the workplace. Starting as a tool made by engineers for engineers, today the system is used by thousands of users across different industries.
- 2018 The project started in January 2018 with the participation of three software engineers of SSA Group (and four on the Client side). The initial task was to create an easy-to-follow system for monitoring daily inspections. The team implemented an API with an admin panel (Laravel 5 and PHP 5) and web app based on Ember.js.
- 2019 The team was expanded to five people to cover new development tasks. It was decided to move the application to Ionic to make the system more scalable and mobile-friendly.
- 2020 The team of software engineers started splitting the monolithic architecture into microservices.
- Now The overall project team is up to 15 software developers. The project architecture is being moved to microservices using a Java technology stack. To optimise the load performance, the project team added a Kubernetes load balancer which helps orchestrate instances. The technology stack is updated to Laravel 8 and PHP 7.
SaaS provides tools for quality control, safety rounds, equipment observations and incidents, and deviation reporting and handling. The solution consists of both a hybrid app and a web platform.
The platform makes it easy to ensure routines and optimise work through the customised checklists and case reporting from the mobile device. The system allows companies to standardise internal maintenance procedures, digitise all steps of the quality process and implement health, safety, and environmental (HSE) strategy in the day-to-day work of the frontline teams.
Movingfrom a single server to a scalable solution based on Kubernetes
Migratingfrom monolith to microservices to improve scalability
Integratingthe system with Azure App Service and other services
The development team supported the existing solution and suggested ways to improve it.
New features development
The team extended the existing set of features with new ones allowing the system to combine the latest technologies with a user-friendly UI/UX.
Shift to a new architecture
The software engineers migrated from a single server to microservices in order to create a more scalable solution based on Kubernetes.
- PHP 7
- Laravel 8
Frontend & Hybrid App
- AWS DynamoDB
- AWS Lambda
- AWS EC2
- AWS S3
- AWS CloudFront
- AWS Aurora
- AWS DMS
- AWS ELB
- AWS VPC
- AWS ElastiCache
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS Route 53
- AWS EC2 Container Registry
- AWS Key Management Service
- AWS Elasticsearch Service
- AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service
- AWS API Gateway
- AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- AWS Elastic File System
- AWS Elemental MediaStore
- AWS SNS
SSA Group helped to create a mobile system that facilitates inspections and case reporting. The solution:
- Reduces human factor influence in safety and operations
- Digitalises inspections and case reporting
- Collects high-quality data to identify and decrease risks
- Automates maintenance process to prevent accidents and near misses
- Enables data-driven decision making
View similar projects
Your message has been sent!
Keep a close watch on your inbox. We’ll get in touch with you in no time.
Have a project?
Please fill out the quick form and we’ll be in touch with lightning speed