In 2019, the total gross profit (gross gambling yield, GGY) from horse race betting in Great Britain amounted to over £1.11bn. The fastest-growing segment of the sports betting industry is online betting and, in the last four years, this sector has taken the 47% market share, with the GGY for remote betting on horse races totalling £522mln, according to gambling industry statistics.
Gross gambling yield (GGY) of horse race gambling in Great Britain from April 2014 to March 2019 (in million GBP)
There is now a new category of virtual dog and horse races – computer-generated races with randomly determined outcomes. On 4 April 2020, the Virtual Grand National raised £2.6m from bets made on an animated event that replaced real horse races during the racing shutdown caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
As gambling trends increasingly shift towards online gambling, sports betting services providers must improve user experiences and offer innovative solutions. Real-time data analysis and winner prediction are two ways to gain a competitive advantage and increase profit.
Every bookmaker tries to attract punters by offering higher odds for some events to outpace competitors. The higher a bookmaker’s odds compared to the mathematically fair odds, the more probability the punter will make a profit. Thus, it is crucial for gamblers to quickly identify overestimated bookmaker odds.
- 2008 This project underwent a number of iterations to become the solution you see today. In 2008, it started as a means to collect, analyse, and compare horse pedigrees for use in arbing.
- 2010 Two years later, the project shifted focus to creating betting bots for the Betfair betting exchange.
- 2014 In 2014, the system was reused for the client’s project needs. Its main task was placing bets on betting exchanges using a ‘follow the money’ approach, but the system couldn’t work with the betting exchanges, unlike bookmakers’ websites.
- 2016 By 2016, we had roughly ten fruitless partnerships with small players in the online betting market.
- 2018 And, in 2018, we signed a deal with a large partner, allowing us to restart the project and improve upon previous iterations. Our IT expertise helped the gambling industry representatives build an intelligent system for horse race predictions.
- NOW The project has now entered the stable development phase and has an increasing ROI. The team is currently implementing plans and searching for opportunities to enhance the solution’s performance and quality.
Analysing the gambling market in real time is challenging due to a large amount of incoming information. Without proper knowledge or skills, it is difficult for gamblers to make the right decisions. Therefore, the main goal of the platform is to turn punters into pros by comparing odds from popular bookmaker websites and betting exchanges to make real-time horse racing predictions.
Collectingdata on horse racing events quickly and frequently
Conductingreal-time data analysis
Makingreal-time winner predictions
Project StagesThe project was divided into two parts.
Data analysts collected odds from bookmaker websites and online betting exchanges. They then compared the betting exchange odds to those of bookmakers and explored the dynamics of the changes. This allowed our team to gain further insights and identify the most profitable bets.
The software engineers designed the following architecture for the system:
- Death By Captcha
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Google Cloud Speech API
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019
- Microsoft Management Studio
- dbForge Studio
- SQL Monitor
- ASP.NET Core
- ASP.NET Web API
- Entity Framework
- Telegram API
SSA Group has created a unique solution for collecting, storing, and processing immense amounts of betting-related data. In the coming years, our software engineers will continue improving the built-in, real-time data analysis and prediction algorithms to increase users’ chances of winning and to increase their winning returns.
View similar projects
Your message has been sent!
Keep a close watch on your inbox. We’ll get in touch with you in no time.
Have a project?
Please fill out the quick form and we’ll be in touch with lightning speed