The seventh SSA Group webinar was beneficial for all mobile app developers who work with Xamarin, a framework for cross-platform app development.
On 29 October 2020, SSA Group hosted its first webinar for database developers. Experienced SSA Group database developers Mykhailo Berezhnyi and Vitalii Gryniuk presented the benefits and limitations of memory-optimized tables in SQL Server.
This online event brought together 100 database experts seeking awareness of the issues that can be faced while creating in-memory OLTP and ways to solve them. It was a record-long webinar that continued for two hours, excluding the Q&A session. Attendees not only asked questions but also actively shared their own experiences with memory-optimised tables.
The following points were covered during the webinar:
- Introduction. History. Changes in versions
- Benefits of in-memory OLTP
- Creation of memory-optimized tables. Record structure. Checkpoint files and pairs
- Indexes on memory-optimized tables
- Transactions for in-memory OLTP. Optimistic multi-version concurrency control (MVCC)
- Productivity comparison examples
- Checkpoint for disk-based and MO-tables. Checkpoint files lifecycle
- Memory Optimisation Advisor. Memory size consideration
- Natively compiled procedures
- Memory-optimized tables variables
- Limitations of in-memory OLTP